1 The Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire
Home: 01628 666666
Mobile: 07777 888888
I am a confident and proactive individual who thrives in environments that are
and fast paced. With a strong customer focus, project management skills and experience in HR, I am seeking a suitable advisory position to develop both personally and professionally.
February 2008 to present HR Advisor ABC Company UK, Maidenhead
My role encompasses:
- Acting as the first point of contact and advising managers and employees on the interpretation of policies and best practice.
- Understanding recruitment and retention issues and managing and overseeing the full recruitment life cycle, ensuring that the best solutions are implemented and processes supported.
- Writing job descriptions and person specifications and evaluating role profiles.
- Assisting with administration to ensure smooth on-boarding of new staff.
- Managing targeted recruitment campaigns to ensure a robust, efficient application process recommending improvements for efficiencies in future resourcing as appropriate.
- Running and facilitating career coaching workshops for interns and employees at risk of redundancy.
- Creating and providing timely Management Information Reports across the organisation allowing trends and data to be analysed. Using the reports to advise managers where necessary.
Led and implemented systems and procedures enabling MI to be produced on a weekly basis for HR and the wider organisation. Created a process guide, enabling others to be trained to produce the reports.
April 2005 to February 2008 HR Assistant DEF Company Limited, Marlow
My role encompassed:
- Managing the new starter process - producing and sending out offer letters, preparing new starter packs, entering new starter data on the HR databases, creating new employee personnel files.
- Managing the background screening process for new starters - credit and criminal record checks and liaising with the external vendor.
- Maintaining data compliance and integrity when dealing with sensitive information.
- Keeping track of the probation end dates of employees, sending out probation forms to the line managers and monitoring the return of those, as well as producing letters to employees confirming successful probation end.
- Preparing correspondence for line managers including change of reporting line or role or salary increases.
- Taking the minutes of weekly HR meetings.
Took an active role in the reviewing the background screening and on-boarding processes for new starters. Proposed and implemented a more consistent approach to checking screening reports.
April 2003 to April 2005 HR Administrator GHI Partnership, Maidenhead
My role encompassed:
- New starter administration - offer letters, contracts, referencing, induction packs.
- Collating exit interview paperwork.
- Ensuring the HR database and personnel files were kept up to date with information such as holiday, sickness, and general personal data.
I commenced my CIPD qualification on day release.
Maidenhead College 2001 - 2003 3 A levels
English, Art, History
Maidenhead Girls School 1996 - 2001 10 GCSE’s including Maths(B) and English (A)
CIPD Associate Member
Hobbies and Interests
I enjoy travelling to new places and meeting people. Other interests include swimming, reading, listening to music and going to concerts.
References available on request