Charity - Office Manager (Head of Support Services)
Stokenchurch £28,000 - £31,000 per annum
Please note that this role is working in a charity hub, where there is a flow of people, and the charity needs a Head of Support Services asap!
Hours: The 37.5 hours are worked across a rolling rota covering weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays as well as Bank Holidays as they fall due on the rota. Due, however, to the nature of the work of and this post it may be necessary to exceed these hours when the workload demands, so you must be prepared to work flexibly
Line Management 1. Manage an effective small office team of direct report(s) and volunteers, dealing sensitively and promptly with personnel issues ( i.e. disciplinary, grievance and absence management), when they arise in line with established procedures and in keeping with the values
2. Ensure the team is recruited, trained and mentored to provide an effective and cooperative office support and visitor experience, which demonstrates their understanding of the charity’s values
3. As senior manager on site, in the absence of others. Flag issues Digital Services, Applications, and IT support
4. With appropriate initiative support the growth of digital profile to raise awareness, keeping the tone and branding consistent across all services and applications. This will include the digital transformation of any suitable processes for the benefit of the charity
5. Acting as digital administrator, manage and administer engagement on digital services and applications by screening membership requests, coordinating timely output, removing outdated content, and by editing contributions. Monitor and ensure appropriate standards of language, grammar and spelling are used which are compatible with the welfare standards, mission and objectives
6. Be constantly alert to any issues on the charity’s digital services, processes and applications
7. Provide measurements of performance i.e. by analysing appropriate metrics, to assess and evaluate effectiveness. Regularly report on findings to aid future development
8. Write, tweet, create and post compelling and appropriate content, including the use of complementary images and footage to promote the work of the charity in line with policies, procedures and regulations
9. Act as Champion of the IT systems, (including CCTV) and provide immediate first line response to IT queries and issues so as to facilitate the smooth running of the systems and reduce the costs associated with external call outs.
10. Receive guidance and instruction in the use and application of the IT programmes and relay this to other end users
11. Ensure the systems back up processes are working effectively and undertake these according to the required schedules.
12. Provide a first-rate reception service, welcoming the general public both in person and over the telephone. Demonstrate care and attention in providing accurate information when responding to enquiries from the Trustees, members, general public, suppliers and other stakeholders so as to maintain a high standard of reputation
13. Ensure volunteer receptionists are fully trained in the scope of their support and feel a valued member of the team
14. Ensure a positive profile for maintaining a polite and professional manner in dealing with customer complaints and 'robust’ members of the public. After taking appropriate action promptly report any unresolved issues with recommendations for solution to the Line Manager Centre Volunteers
15. Develop, promote and run a volunteer programme that attracts, and engages the skills of volunteers, ensuring this helpful band of supporters are deployed usefully across the operations
16. Obtain helpful data about volunteers to support activities and maintain this in line with data protection regulations
17. Ensure any relevant information or requirements relating to the work, activities or attendance of volunteers is promptly and clearly explained to the target group
18. Similarly manage and engage any work experience programmes and similar social/corporate/educational/community programmes. This will include liaising with the relevant establishments and the production of evaluation reports and similar documents etc Fundraising
19. Help grow current fundraising activities as well as initiate, develop and run new fundraising activities across all forums to enhance funding levels. Engage the on-site team, volunteers and supporters in the process
20. Provide support, as necessary, for the running of fund-raising/PR activities across all platforms and in all forms
21. Contribute workable ideas for using the centre as an income generator
22. Contribute to public profile by raising public awareness of the importance of volunteers and donations. This will include writing articles for the Newsletter and acting as spokesperson about work Administration
23. Propose, develop and maintain written Service Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs). Acting as custodian, ensure all SOPs (hard or electronic copies) are kept up to date and fully available to staff and volunteers
24. Check, process and monitor supplier invoices to ensure their accuracy and challenge appropriately
25. Efficiently maintain weekly cash reconciliation and banking
26. Handle and process all petty cash transactions, producing a monthly reconciliation
27. Process all incoming post , ensuring that the correct member of staff and/or trustee receives or are notified of documents promptly. Ensure approvals are obtained to open and process personally addressed post.
28. Provide informative and analytical reports and information as requested (i.e. for newsletter, grants, and financial tracking etc)
29. Contribute to the preparation of the annual budget in collaboration with nominated personnel